This week’s episode of the Geek Whisperers goes private, gets personal and points the finger (of your choosing) at social media strategy.
We begin with this: Why do private conversations result from public social media?
We get to a place that identifies significant gaps in today’s corporations.
- Social Media is discussed as just a platform, not a new type of communication
- Matt talks to an angry customer over Twitter without being in Tech Support
- We ask whether being angry in public is part of human nature
- We talk taking it offline with DMs
- Starting a Unicorn support hotline
We make mention of some friends of the podcast, including:
- Amy talks about being challenged by Greg Knierman from Speaking in Tech
- John brings up a great blog post by Chris Wahl
What are the big corporate conclusions?
- Support is undervalued as a Marketing opportunity
- Community Manager is an offline job
- We don’t do social media