- Views 3514
In this episode, we welcome back Brian Gracely to discuss identifying yourself within the Pioneer, Settler, Town Planner continuum (based on Simon Wardley’s blog) and what impact that might have on your career.
Things we reference:
- Matt’s Blog: On Pioneers, Settlers, and Town Planners – Or Understanding My Personal Brand
- Brian’s Podcast: The Cloudcast #234 – 2015 WrapUp + 2016 Predictions
- Spoiler: Matt’s a Settler
- Breaking: Brian’s a Pioneer
- Should you pick a mentor based on a shared category?
- Can you be a pioneer and not get shot?
- John makes a deer skinning analogy
- What is the career impact of shifting between styles?
- Trimodal vs bimodal IT meets Oregon Trail
- Be Interesting or Be Sewage: Choose Your Own Adventure
Brian is currently working on the Cloud section of Wikibon, and is pioneering a new Periscope show: #LLLDB.
Brian Gracely: @bgracely