The guest: Lauren Malhoit, host of the Adapting IT Podcast, vExpert, Systems Implementation Engineer, and all round smart person. The topic: Is Social Media the Great Equalizer for Women in Tech? “Equalizer” might not be quite the right word — as Amy says in the first two minutes of the podcast, “We feel plenty equal, but I don’t know if we’re represented the same.” Another podcast recorded LIVE at VMworld 2013 in San Francisco!
- Does Social Media Favor the Loud?
- Breaking through the Gatekeepers
- Cloud Bunnies, fierce vOdgeball competitors
- Benefits of being visible on social media
- Women reluctant to be podcast guests
- Role models
- Including women’s voices in podcasts like Speaking in Tech
- Booth babes
- Women wearing the Executive Mantle
- Mansplaining — a Man Thing or an Engineer Thing?
- Being underestimated
- Women are shoved into just a few buckets
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Be First to Comment