As we take a week off from our regular podcasting, we want to offer you some insight into how we produce the show.
We have a system in Geek Whisperers where we each play a role: Amy runs point on outreach, John and I take turns on edits. In today’s post, I want to show you how I edit in 5 steps.
One more point worth noting: you may get in the situation where you want to export separate audio tracks from a single GarageBand recording. Here’s a good hack to separate each part out without other tools:
- Complete edits on the part of the podcast you want to have exported
- Cmd + A to select all tracks
- Shift + click on the parts you want to export as a podcast (the ones you just edited above)
- Cmd + X to remove everything selected
- Share > Export Podcast to Disk
- Once complete, Cmd + Z to bring back the other audio
- Delete the snippets of what you just exported
- Repeat as needed