The Geek Whisperers talk with HP’s Calvin Zito about bringing bloggers together and the risks and rewards that ensue. We also hear how Calvin and Matt first met and how that almost got them fired.
Over the course of the hour of this podcast we talk about
- Transitioning from marketing to this thing we call social
- Transitioning from marketing-sized budgets to this tiny thing we call social
- Knowing your audience in the enterprise space
- How actually knowing who your bloggers are is important and how you can’t outsource it
- How not knowing it almost got Calvin and Matt both fired
- Taking risks and how that can lead to social media careers
- Starting up an influencer program aka advocacy program and what that brings you
You can reach Calvin at @HPStorageGuy or his blog at http://hp.com/storage/blog
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Thanks again for having me on the podcast – such a good time! I’ll be sure to bring some Idaho Spuds for you the next time I see you. They do look like turd! LOL!
Finally, a type of candy I’ve never seen before. I’m stunned actually. Great having you on the show and seeing you at PEX!
Hey John and Calvin great segment. I work at HP as well and will be presenting on “Intrapreneurship” at Santa Clara University. I plan on highlighting Calvin’s success in pursuing something he’s passionate about and turning that into his career. A true “Intrapreneur.”
I was actually expecting the experience Matt had with Calvin back in the day at Blogger Day. Glad to hear it right from the horses mouth! 😛
Thank you all for the great podcast and sharing your experiences! 🙂