- Views 2462
When a Unicorn raises their hoof, the Geek Whisperers get them in front of the mic.
In another career path conversation, we’re joined by Mike Stanley who’s taken a career path less traveled. From aspiring to be a Latin teacher to learning Russian in the Army to … IT? We take a personal look into Mike’s career path, discussing where it started and where it’s going.
- How you get where you’re going
- What it means to be an “IT Generalist”
- The projected shortfall of IT jobs
- Is IT training or a degree the right move in IT?
- Salary as part of the career question
- To VAR and back to end customer
- CS degrees in Enterprise IT
- Work/Life balance
- Local vs global interactions
- The power of groups of people
- Joe Onisick (past guest) helping via Twitter
- BJ Fogg – Tiny Habits
- Transition advice
Mike makes a powerful statement to vendors on the best way to use social media to gain leads –
“Interesting technical content followed up by real human interaction.”
What’s your career story? What did you learn from Mike’s?