- Views 2073
In which we ask the existential question: which would you rather have: an annual performance evaluation, a root canal, or a colonoscopy. Only The Geek Whisperers are brave enough to tackle this kind of cutting-edge question! Our guest is Srinivas Krishnamurti, and on this podcast we try to figure out why the performance evaluation process is so broken, and what might come next.
Srinivas is the co-founder and CEO of Zugata, a company that is trying to reinvent evaluations with software that collects feedback from peers along the way, not just once a year.
In this episode we talk about:
- Why performance evaluations are broken
- What are the expectations of millennials in the workforce?
- Hey, wait a minute, aren’t performance evaluations supposed to be a tool for improvement? Why are they always about money?
- John’s secrets to a successful performance evaluation (dare them to mark you down)
- Amy’s secrets to a successful performance evaluation (have a competing job offer)
- Zugata’s approach to performance evaluations
- Is personal development the employee’s responsibility, or the company’s?
- Can a corporations even fix this?
- Once again we hear this advice: it comes down to finding that passion about what you need to do in your job
- Also look at what you’re good at, and go in that direction
- At the end of the day, you have to believe in yourself
- Follow Srinivas at @skrishna09 or mail him at email@example.com