- Views 3741
How do you start a podcast? We get asked about that a lot. This week our guest is Cecelia Taylor, social media manager for 8×8, who asked us just that.
We start with follow-up from Episode 117 — talking about Prescribed Tweets. “Brands cannot scale,” says Cecelia. She thinks even marketers need a little help composing tweets and social media updates. We all agree that people should be using their own authentic voices, not tweeting out robe-tweets.
At about 8:15 we then segue into podcasting 101 and how to start a podcast.
- Geek Whisperers Episode 13 – How to create a successful podcast with @thecloudcastnet
- What are podcasts good for?
- What are the elements of a podcast – what should every episode feature?
- The History of Rome podcast
- Virtually Speaking from VMware
- Know your audience; be interesting!
- Looking for a good host
- Speaking in Tech podcast
- What are the other basic things to watch as you launch
- Gear recommendations
- Podcast directories, discovery, and recommendations
- Pitfalls and things you should avoid
- Guest management
- GE’s The Message podcast
- Educational vs emotional podcasting and how it compares to blogging