This week the podcast is all about podcasting as we have The Cloudcast‘s Brian Gracely and Aaron Delp join the Geek Whisperers to tell us how, after 90-odd episodes covering cloud and everything-as-a-service, they’ve created a well-oiled podcast production machine. Along they way, they’ve gotten recognized at conferences, had a fan club that lasted at least three weeks, and made zero dollars. And they’re happy with that.
Ironically, although “don’t edit the audio” was one of the top tips from Aaron and Brian, we chattered on way too long this week and this was one of our most highly-edited episodes yet. We cut it down to 47 minutes, but we hope you stick through it all!
A few podcasts we mentioned in this episode:
- The Cloudcast (and the Cloudcast.net YouTube channel)
- Speaking in Tech
- VMware Community Roundtable (show notes)
- Digital Nibbles and Intel Chip Chat
Great documents from the Cloudcast team that add insight into their process.
- Recording-Editing-Publishing-Publicizing-TheCloudcast The Cloudcast workflow and how the guys can get a podcast published in 30 minutes after hitting the “stop recording” button.
- TheCloudcast-Show-Notes-Example A great example of how a loose script and a few topic areas lead a smooth show.
And finally Aaron’s Social Media Hierarchy. I’m not sure if this is a hierarchy of effort, reward, or the number of people doing it, but I think I agree at least with the effort part:
See you next week!